Using the Excel Spreadsheet (Part 2)

Okay so I’ll be teaching you how to do simple mathematical operations on the excel spreadsheet and applying it to a simple sales record sheet.
First of all we need to have to arrange cells in a tabular format starting from Column B2 like the picture below:
 
We’ll then fill in values in rows for the following columns; S/N, Commodity, Price and Qty.
I used a computer store as an example;
 
Next I’ll highlight my cells using the Ctrl + A keys on the keyboard or click and drag from cell B2 then click on “Format as Table”; select a table colour of my choice and check the box “My table has headers.
 
Now we can input the formula for total at F3.
 
The formula would be “=[@Price]*[@Qty]”
 
To get the subtotal, you could use a simple formula at the bottom of the total you could use the quick analysis by highlighting all the cells under the total column the press the Ctrl + A keys on the keyboard, Click Total and then SUM:
OR you write the formula manually under the total last record on the total column as
= SUM(First cell:Last Cell)
My first cell total value is at F3 and my last cell value is at F7 so my formula would look like this:
= SUM(F3:F7)
Please drop a comment below for questions or suggestions.

Comments

Popular Posts